Pages

.


What do you think of these solution?

.


Comment on Japanese Toolkit by Scott W. Vincent

M34_JapaneseTlbx_IMG_6491

The first time I stumbled on a box like that, it was housing a circular saw. It was made of rec room wood paneling, pine of scrap metal and roofing nails. While not much to look at, it was strong, and the action of the removable cover fascinated me. A few months later, I learned that there is also the joint project for the Japanese Carpenter Toolbox. I knew I had to make one, so with some 1 × 12 s in hand, I had to it. Over the past 15 years, the box has led my tools in almost every big job. The problem is because I built it to fit my hatchback instead of to adapt to my tools, it is kind of big for what I need on most jobs. So instead of continue tool tips in my old Messenger bag, I thought it was time to build a new, smaller.

As with all woodworking projects, there are several ways to accomplish the same task. The tools and techniques I show here are to be considered as an option, not the only way. Use all the tools, methods and materials of sense to you. You can avoid a lot of frustration by selecting the best advice you can find. You are looking for pieces that are straight, flat and without twist. Sometimes, this means going through all the tips that their disposal; Sometimes, this means get 2 boards, so you can cut around defects.

No comments:

Post a Comment