Pages

.


What do you think of these solution?

.


Comment on Game racing cockpit in an ottoman by Seribro

I love this gaming cockpit that stows away in an ottoman, posted to an Australian overclocker’s forum. The builder writes:

Wanted to make it fully adjustable for other people to be able to use, therefore the seat, gearstick and steering wheel all push forward and are locked down with wing nuts and pins.

The dimensions are 1500mm x 500mm x 500mm. I am 180cm so fits me pretty well. I used 18mm MDF to build it.

Only takes me a couple of minutes to set it up to use. I put some timber feet on the box and sanded them real smooth so it glides easy over the carpet. Then take the lid off, put the steering wheel into position and insert the locking pins, plug in the power and USB and away I go.

All in all I am really happy with how it has come up, yeah there would be a few things I would change if I built it again but for a first run it works a treat, plus it doesn’t look too bad in the lounge room. Another plus is that there is plenty of room inside it for storage too.

Gareth Branwyn is a freelancer writer and the former Editorial Director of Maker Media. He is the author or editor of a dozen books on technology, DIY, and geek culture, including the first book about the web (Mosaic Quick Tour) and the Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Building Robots. He is currently working on a best-of collection of his writing, called Borg Like Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment